Fugro Data Solutions (Canada) Inc.
Fugro Data Solutions is an international company focusing on all aspects of Data Management within the Oil and Gas Industry. The company's solutions span intelligent storage, innovative data and technology products, data management, and in addition, a broad range of consulting services that enable customers to optimize their technical and business decision processes.
We are looking for a Software Developer/ IT Systems Administrator who will report to the IT/Software Operations Team Lead. The successful candidate will have an internal facing role, handling the setup, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers, network, production systems and applications as required. Responsibility includes infrastructure monitoring and scheduling backups, providing desktop support and troubleshooting for employees. This role will also provide support to Operations including, software development, software application, deployment, and maintenance, day-to-day production support for clients and employees, system and software troubleshooting, and documentation. The role is split at about 60% software development/support and 40% IT infrastructure support.
- Provide technical support to operations, for all internally developed applications and tools.
- Create specialized reports, queries, and listings for management, sales, and team leads.
- Create and maintain various database and application related documentation.
- Provide hands-on technical support, maintenance, and troubleshooting for all server and SAN environments.
- Manage and maintain all key corporate-wide applications, including Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Blackberry Enterprise Server and others as required.
- Provide desktop and network support as needed and within our defined SLAs.
- Ensure products are delivered on time and at the highest level of quality.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with short notice.
- Travel may be required
Graduate in Computer Sciences
5+ years of experience with hands-on software development with significant experience in .NET and/or ASP development
Four to six years of IT systems administration experience with both Windows and Linux
Skills / experience required to do the job:
Experience in the Oil and Gas industry and/or the data management field
Proven ability to code software applications following object-oriented methodologies
Understanding of various operating systems including Microsoft Windows Server and Linux
Windows server setup, installation, configuration, and maintenance
Windows client/server software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
Virtualization (VMware) experience
SAN and NAS experience (EMC/Hitachi)
Backup and disaster recovery planning
Network configuration and troubleshooting
Desktop support, Help Desk, and troubleshooting experience
Installation, configuration, and maintenance of key corporate applications, including Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and BES
If you are looking for a position which is both challenging and rewarding and that will give you the scope to develop within an internationally renowned provider of information and data management solutions to the oil and gas industry, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please type Software Developer/IT Systems Administrator in the subject line and forward your resume to email@example.com in either PDF or Microsoft Word formats. We thank all applications for their interest in Fugro Data Solutions (Canada) Inc; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.