Database Administrator -
Database Administrator, FUJITSU CONSULTING
Edmonton, AB, CANADA
Posted Mar 22, 2011 1 Position(s)
As the management- and technology-consulting arm of the US$45-billion Fujitsu group, Fujitsu Consulting integrates the core expertise of Fujitsu companies and its partners to deliver complete solutions to businesses and government in the areas of Information Management, Legacy Modernization and Managed Services. The scope of these offerings extends from strategic management consulting to the tiniest detail of infrastructure operations. Through its industry-recognized strategic methodology, Macroscope®, Fujitsu Consulting assists clients in incorporating more value into their investments and driving their leadership in the marketplace.
Fujitsu Canada provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, software, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu Canada's business scope, visit http://solutions.ca.fujitsu.com/
A key client of Fujitsu, Edmonton requires a Database Administrator
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide operational production and development Oracle and SQL Server database support, including creation, maintenance, upgrading, monitoring, and patching activities.
- Provide support for middle-tier applications, such as Oracle Application Server.
- Provide Oracle PL/SQL tuning support.
- Participate in projects requiring database administrator functions listed above.
- Create and maintain documentation supporting administration and configuration of databases and middle-tier applications.
- Create and maintain scripts within HP-UNIX environment.
- Collaborate with systems analysts for creation and maintenance of database solutions.
- Computer Systems Technology or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- Three to five years experience with Oracle 10g database administration.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 database administration.
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX and Windows server operating system.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle PL/SQL tuning.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work with customers in an operational support environment.
- Working knowledge of middle-tier administration for:
- Oracle BI
- Oracle ERP
- Oracle BPEL
- Oracle Application Server
- Working knowledge of HP Openview
Last updated on March 25, 2011