Oracle & SQL Data Base Administrator - Coreworx Inc.
Oracle & SQL Data Base Administrator, COREWORX INC.
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posted Mar 3, 2011 1 Position(s)
Coreworx Inc. provides integrated project information and cost control solutions for large capital projects in the oil & gas, power and mining sectors. The Coreworx solution is a proven web-based enterprise software system that enables engineering and construction contractors and owner/operators to automate best practices, mitigate business risks and improve performance to budget throughout the entire project lifecycle. Coreworx services a portfolio of projects valued at over $500 billion across more than 50 countries, on more than 500 capital projects with nearly 70,000 users. Coreworx has offices in Houston, Calgary, Waterloo, and Victoria, Australia. For more information, visit www.coreworxinc.com
We are currently seeking an energetic self starter to join our Calgary office as an Oracle & SQL Server Data Base Administrator. Working within the Operations team, this person will be responsible for all aspects of Oracle and SQL Server database administration, optimization and support.
- Provide on-call management of Oracle and Oracle RAC product line
- Manage Oracle disaster recovery and redundancy
- Optimize performance in multi-tenant (SaaS) environment
- Implement protocol and best practices for disaster recovery, failover and security
- Support and maintain ongoing operational processes on Windows and Linux servers
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Manage data migration
- Ensure ASP infrastructure is available 24/7
- Resolve Oracle defects, apply patches and upgrades to Oracle
- Assist in designing relational models for new product features
- Participate in other IT tasks, in concert with the corporate IT Team
- Monitoring database system details, including stored procedure and execution time, and improving efficiency
- Design a database for high availability and heavy loads
- Resolve issues around database access and performance
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- 5+ Yrs of Oracle DBA experience
- Hands on DBA experience on Oracle 10g and/or 11g
- Strong knowledge of RAC (Real Application Clusters) is REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge of RMAN Backup & Recovery is REQUIRED
- Oracle Database Performance tuning
- 2-3 years of programming experience in Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
- 3+ Yrs of SQL Server DBA experience is an asset
- Experience working in UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Experience providing technical leadership
- The ability to represent themselves well in front of peers, customers, and vendors
- Oracle / SQL Database Certification (OCP / MSITP) an asset
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity and the chance to work with an experienced group in a fun and entrepreneurial, technology company email your resume with cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be kept confidential.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last updated on March 03, 2011