SAP BW Analyst, CANEXUS LIMITED
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posted May 17, 2011 1 Position(s)
Canexus Limited manufactures and markets chemicals in a manner that delivers excellence and value to all of our stakeholders, all of the time. The Canexus difference is integrity, experience, creativity and energy. Canexus is a chemical company with five plants across North and South America, more than 400 employees, and an outstanding record in health, safety and performance based upon the Responsible Care® management system. We continue to aggressively grow existing facilities as well as pursue new international opportunities in South America and Asia. With a proven track record, we are performance unleashed. Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and manufactures and markets inorganic chemicals including sodium chlorate, chlorine, caustic soda and hydrochloric acid. Canexus is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. As part of our business growth and leadership succession plans, Canexus seeks to hire a number of individuals with experience in the chemicals industry for opportunities including:
Canexus is looking to hire the following position in the Calgary Office: SAP BW Analyst
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, IT Applications, the SAP Business Warehouse (BW) Analyst will be responsible for:
- Experience with BW implementation.
- Experience in SAP Configuration as a Functional Analyst (e.g. PS, MM, PM, SD, PP or ABAP developer – PS experience is considered and asset.
- SAP ERP data structure knowledge in one or more of the functional areas (e.g. SD, MM, FI, HR).
- SAP extraction using standard and enhanced data extractor and available development tools for SAP and non-SAP data sources.
- Data modeling, star schema, and infoproviders design.
- Standard business content analysis, enhanced and custom infoproviders development.
- Configuration of Administrative Workbench Objects.
- Data loading process and procedures.
- Query and report development using Bex Analyzer and Query Designer.
- Web reporting using Web Application Designer.
- Development of new datasources, infosources, ODS, master data and infocubes.
- Creating infopackages and do data loading as well as monitoring and fixing of load jobs.
- Development on new queries and web templates.
- Modifications on existing datasources, infosources, ODS, master data and infocubes.
- Modifications on existing queries and web templates.
- User ID maintenance.
- System utilization and performance monitoring.
- Responsible to make sure data accuracy in final reports.
- Good understanding of SAP FI/CO, PS, MM, SD, HR etc. Functional areas.
- Strong understanding of reporting concepts.
- Ability to work well as an independent worker and as an effective team member.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Provide ongoing sustainment support -- effectively investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve.
- SAP functionality issues in a timely manner.
- Liaise with clients in clarifying and defining issues or needs, including both urgent fixes and application enhancements.
- Adhere to defined change management processes in defining enhancement requirements, documenting test strategy, procedure documentation and implementation of the change.
- Work closely with team members and business clients to creatively and cost-effectively improve existing applications.
- Manage multiple support assignments and critical deadlines.
- Maintain SAP BW functionality/capability and integration point expertise.
- Exploit the SAP Application.
- Adhere to defined project management process requirements.
- Respond to technical requirements with solid specifications.
- Provide SAP functionality/capability and integration point expertise.
- Manage multiple assignments, aggressive targets and critical deadlines.
- Provide unit testing, integration testing, and participate in QA/QC process.
- Participate in project life cycle activities as required.
- Proficient in SAP BW design, configuration and capability
- Experience with configuration in other modules (e.g. PS, MM, PM, SD, FICO, PP or ABAP considered an asset.
- Experience with ECC 6.0 is preferable.
- Preferred applicants will be certified in Netweaver BI 7.0 or above
- Experience with: APIs, BAPIs, User Exits, IDOCS, table space extensions.
- Interface management and coordination.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- University or technical degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Commerce or equivalent industry-related business experience.
- 3 + years of experience in supporting/ implementing SAP BW and an additional module (e.g. PS, MM, PM, SD, FICO, PP or ABAP..
- Proven strength in analytical and process thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Demonstrated project planning / implementing skills.
Interested applicants should apply no later than May 30, 2011. Only those candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Canexus.