Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well established, publically trading and growing company that employs over 2000 associates in 525 branches nationwide. We also have branches in Australia and the UK. Cash Store Financial has a proud history of promoting from within Cash Store's career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry!! We offer a fun and fast paced environment!
In addition to great career opportunities we offer a great compensation and benefits package. Additionally, we have a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and we offer flexible hours. Finally, we offer training to further develop our people in the area of customer service and people management.
The Cash Store Financial Services Inc. (Cash Store Financial), an employer of choice, is looking for a motivated, self starter to fill a 3-6 month contract position of Jr. / Intermediate Developer. Cash Store Financial, named Canada's fastest growing company in 2007, is a publicly traded company (TSX: CSF) and is the leader in providing alternative financial products and services. Driven by a dynamic workforce, a performance-based culture, and a commitment to strong business fundamentals, Cash Store Financial maintains more than 450 branches nationwide. Cash Store Financial offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including extended medical and dental benefits, with the opportunity to grow and advance within the Company.
This position will provide development support for current and future applications. The Jr. / Intermediate Developer will provide general consulting to IM Management and the internal development teams or contracted service providers in order to maintain standards, reduce costs, and increase the maintainability of applications and reporting processes brought into the environment.
Reports to: Team Lead - Software Development \ DBA
· Code design and development using approved software development tools and languages.
· Analyze issues with current software applications and recommend possible solutions.
· Create detailed design specifications, coding based on design specifications.
· Provide assistance during the implementation and rollout of new or existing applications and technologies.
· Ensure the quality of the applications developed following approved software development lifecycle and methodology.
· Facilitate the rollout of software from the development environment to pre-testing and production environments using the corporate change management practices.
· Development in C#, .NET 3.5/ .NET 4, Visual Studio 2008/2010, ASP.NET, IIS, Web services, Integration of Active Directory and Application Security using Cryptography.
· MS SQL database development including stored procedures, functions, triggers.
· Troubleshoot performance problems and conduct root cause analysis on performance tuning.
· Performing application installations, upgrades and applying patches.
· Recognized Information Technology training - university/college/technical school or equivalent experience
· An asset to have MCPD, MCAD and or MCDBA
· 2+ years experience in a similar role.
· Experience with MS Reporting Services, standard web UI controls such as Infragistic.Net components.
· Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server)
· Experience with SQL development Fundamentals (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views)
· Experience working with conceptual, logical, and physical data models, data flows and databases.
· Excellent skills in ASP.NET/C# programming (minimum 2 years)
· Experience working with .NET 2.0 and 3.5 Frameworks. Implementing .NET framework for Active Directory, Security, and Enterprise Services.
· Experience working with WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) and Web Services
· Fluent in source control technology (subversion, source safe)
· Experience in test driven development
· Experience in using VS2008/VS2010
Please visit our web site www.csfinancial.ca for more information on our growing company and for a list of all stores in your area.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting competition "Junior/Intermediate Developer" on your application by closing day Thursday April 21st, 2011
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please ensure that you carefully follow the 'To Apply' instructions above so your resume is received for consideration.