Afexa Life Sciences Inc is recruiting for a Database Developer for our Corporate office located in Edmonton. The Database Developer is an exciting IT position that will involve all phases of software development. You will be responsible for process and requirements review; applications design; design and maintenance of databases; documentation; programming; testing; support; and development of reports and interfaces.
Database Requirements Analysis:
· Analyzes user requirements, identifies options and recommends solutions
Application Design & Management:
· Creates / designs, develops and supports database applications
· Designs and explains user interfaces
· Follows software life cycle and change control processes
· Implements and controls security features
· Creates integration with other systems such as ERP
Other Related Responsibilities:
· Performs testing and validation requirements
· Prepares documentation requirements and specifications
· Performs other compliance requirements as identified
· A College or University degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience would be considered an asset.
· You will also demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role including:
o Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV;
o Proficient knowledge of MS Access, MS SQL Server, Visual Basic;
o Knowledge of CSOX and Cobit is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.