Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
The Basis/AIX/DB2 Administrator will utilize their strong information technology, SAP Basis Administration, and AIX UNIX Administration skills as part of IT operations team within ITSD. This position is responsible for supporting the SAP technical environment, responsible for the setup, configuration and monitoring of ATB’s new SAP Environment.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Interact with all levels of the business to identify opportunities for system enhancements and process improvements.
- Prepare plans for implementation and ongoing system support.
- Develop and maintain tactical relationships with vendors in order to support daily operations.
- Prepare system documentation and training material.
- Provide after hours support on a rotational basis
- Providing second tier system administration and infrastructure related support and management for the SAP Application Services (i.e., Basis, Portal, BI, Netweaver);
- Daily administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of a complex SAP environment
- Responding to and resolving infrastructure-related incidents and problems;
- Monitors and evaluates overall system performance and day-to-day system activity on servers.
- Analyzes production and test system problems, determines causes and takes timely corrective action.
- Works with the IBM Unix Administrators on capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Work with the IBM Database Administrators in design and support of the production and test databases.
- Ensure changes are performed within change control process for the application and architecture.
- Recommends and implements policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation.
- Provides support to the SAP application team during development and implementation
- Provides support for Disaster Recovery as required.
- Evaluates and recommends hardware and software products for purchase.
- Configuration and set-up of printers
- Provide support for HACMP configuration
- Provide support for DB2 SAP databases
- Manage SAP AIX file systems
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of SAP Basis Administration experience including experience performing one SAP implementation and one SAP support project
- Knowledge of AIX and IBM RS/6000 experience is required.
- Must have some experience in DB2 Database maintenance.
- Must have in-depth understanding of TCP/IP communications.
- Knowledge of SAN (Storage Area Network) and IBM's TSM (Tivoli Storage Management) are required.
- Knowledge of good system management principles is required.
- General knowledge of other operating systems such as Windows, Vmware, Linux is also a requirement.
- Administration experience relating to mission critical network services (Authentication/Active Directory Services, E-Mail Services, File Services, Print Services, Terminal Services, Telecommunication Services, Storage Area Network Services, Back-Up Services, VM Services, WAN/LAN Services);
- Ability to provide a high level of Customer Service.
- Provide leadership and training for others.
- Function effectively as team member.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have a university degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Must have 5 to 7 years experience in Information Technology
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Darryl Sly.
For information on communities where ATB thrives, please visit http://www.atb.com/Dev/careers/careers_locations.asp
: Corporate Services
Click here to apply for this job