"Relationships built on outstanding member experiences"
The Alberta Motor Association (AMA) is the largest membership organization in Alberta, representing more than 900,000 members. We are a leading advocate for traffic safety (through community programs like AMA School Safety PatrolT), travel and consumer protection, crime prevention, and the environment. AMA is well-known for its industry-leading, 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service and related services for motorists. AMA also operates the largest vacation travel agency in the province, one of the largest insurance agencies, and offers financial services, such as mortgages and GICs, and registry services, such as vehicle registration.
Software Integration Developer
Full-Time o Excellent Employee Benefits o Edmonton South Location
This position will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Work to design, develop and maintain AMA architecture framework (Service Oriented Architecture/SOA) that spans across the AMA applications in support of Member Relationship Management objectives
- Design and support data interfaces to/from other AMA applications and to/from external systems
- Provide technical support for SOA and ESB framework. Research and resolve problems, coordinate problem solving with vendors, network and hardware support staff, and business users
- Work with Application Manager and/or AMA business staff to understand business needs, to set priorities and provide work estimates for application support and enhancements, and to resolve problems that occur in applications
- Consulting with Application Manager, Solutions Architect contractor and Business Units on their needs for applications interfaces (new or modifications). Assisting in gathering requirements and design web/technology solutions for these projects and any change requests. Advising regarding effort, cost, feasibility and usability where applicable.
- Communicating to the Application Manager and applicable staff regarding enhancements and changes to the SOA infrastructure.
- Design, develop and maintain reports to meet business needs
Background (Education/Licenses/Work Experience):
- University degree or technical school diploma in Computer Science
- Intermediate SQL database administration experience
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 2000 & 2003 server and Windows scripting and server security concepts
- Working knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture concept
- Administration and configuration work experience in Enterprise Service Bus
- Working experience in WSO2 framework preferred
Skills & Proficiency:
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience with Java/J2EE and/or Microsoft .NET platform
- Strong Understanding of Web services using SOAP protocol
- Advanced XML, XSLT and related technologies, including experience with XML schema design and development
- Experience with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) transport
- Stored procedures using MS SQL Server 2008 and higher including using XML and CLR through T-SQL
- Experience with different SDLC philosophies and processes
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts
- Understand the business being supported
- Programming, systems analysis and design skills
- Software support, testing, and development skills
- Good writing and presentation skills for both technical and business issues. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Communicates well with technical and business customers
- Document consistently
- Prioritize, plan, organize, multi-task, work well under time constraints and respond to internal and external demands
- Must be able to design and implement scalable website templates in a Windows environment.
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Have a strong work ethic, a professional attitude, and a desire to excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, oral and listening)
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Available to work non-standard hours when necessary
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Clarin Wong
Subject Line: Software Integration Developer
Closing date:This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all candidates for expressing their interest in this opportunity, but only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.